Gucci designer glasses
Gucci glasses combine the ultra-chic design, quality materials and immaculate attention to detail that the luxury brand is known for — right down to the smallest joints and hinges.
Their premium sunglasses, meanwhile, are also a sought-after accessory, and offer the same high-end style options, but with impeccable protection from the sun’s damaging rays.
If you’re looking for fabulous glasses that make a fashion statement, the “House of Gucci” (better known as Gucci) is the way to go. This upscale designer brand has become synonymous with high fashion and excellent craftsmanship, and their famous interlocked “double G” logo is instantly recognizable as a sign of affluence and good taste.
Gucci can be an investment, but the payoff may be worth it to you for these sophisticated and stylish glasses from a legendary fashion house.
Gucci glasses frame styles
Gucci’s reputation for trendsetting design ensures that you can always get a pair of glasses that are up to date with the latest in fashion.
From vintage teardrop-shaped aviators to striking cat-eye shades with dazzling detail, you’re bound to find a pair of Gucci frames to suit the shape of your face in a desirable color, style and level of comfort.
Fortunately, Gucci glasses frames come in a wide variety of materials, from lightweight titanium to plant-based acetate with hypoallergenic properties. As an alternative, you can even consider rimless frames, a featherweight option crafted from a durable, corrosion-resistant material.
The Gucci glasses manufacturer also takes special care to accommodate comfort and practicality wherever possible in their frames. You can find models with:
Non-slip temples, which is particularly helpful for those with an active lifestyle.
Rubberized temples for the ultimate in comfort.
An integrated ergonomic nose pad that keeps your glasses secure on your nose.
Additionally, if you have high cheekbones or if the bridge of your nose is wide, Gucci has a solution for you. Choose from their wide range of alternate frames, which have a specially designed bridge, ensuring that the glasses rest on your nose and don’t slide off.
Gucci prescription glasses
Gucci's prescription glasses are expertly crafted from premium materials, using the latest in manufacturing technology. That means you can expect durability and peak functionality along with all of that luxe style the brand is known for.
Glasses from Gucci are available in a wide variety of frame types, so once you choose your preferred type, simply add the prescription lenses that suit your unique vision requirements.
You’ll end up with a trendy pair of prescription glasses that address your vision needs, are incredibly light and comfortable and look as good as they feel.
Prescription sunglasses are also a fine choice, and feature stylish Gucci frames and high-quality lenses just like their regular glasses, but with added UV protection.
When shopping for sunglasses, the most important factor to think about is ultraviolet (UV) protection for your eyes. The good news? All Gucci sunglasses come with 100% UVA/UVB protection, ensuring your eyes are not exposed to the harmful rays of the sun.
Now that you’re confident that your eyes are protected, it’s time to consider frame design and the type of lens that’s best for you.
Gucci’s exciting range of fashion sunglasses comes in a range of dynamic styles and colors, from modern and contemporary to vintage or just plain funky. Consider their fun selection of round frames with matching lens colors in shades of pink, orange and green, or go for a rimless star-spangled cat-eye creation with a mirrored finish — the possibilities are seemingly endless.
The color you choose for your Gucci sunglasses lenses does not enhance or diminish the UV protection filter in any way.
During the manufacturing process, Gucci’s lenses are treated with UV-absorbing chemicals that block damaging UV rays. These chemicals are usually colorless, and clear lenses that have been treated with UV chemicals will filter ultraviolet rays in the same way that a pair of sunglasses with an equal UV rating would do.
On the other hand, the tint can affect the level of glare and change the way you see colors — different tints can also affect visual clarity.
Knowing what to look for is key to finding the best lens color for your needs. When choosing a tint for your lenses, consider the following traits of each color:
• Gray — Gray hues reduce brightness and glare and enable you to see color in its purest form. Gray is a good option for general use and for minimizing eye fatigue.
• Brown or amber — These colors can help brighten your vision on cloudy days, and enhance contrast and depth perception, which makes them ideal for variable weather conditions.
• Green — Green lenses minimize glare and brighten shadows, which helps to reduce visual strain. Since green shades also lessen color distortion, they work well for general use.
• Yellow or orange — These colors increase contrast in foggy, cloudy conditions, but don’t really take care of glare protection on sunny days. The upside is that yellow lenses filter out some blue light from computer screens, making it an ideal choice for gamers.
• Pink or red — Pink and red lenses improve visual depth perception and reduce strain on the eyes. Pink, in particular, offers a good amount of contrast, which is why pink lenses are often used for snow sports and driving.
Ultimately, if your eyes are exposed to bright sunlight and glare constantly, it can cause short-term strain and discomfort, as well as long-term effects like cataracts and poor vision.
That’s why it’s important to choose the Gucci lenses that best suit your preferred outdoor activities — and the potential weather and lighting conditions in which you’ll be doing them.
Polarized vs. mirrored lenses
To further protect against harmful glare, you can also look for polarized or mirrored options in Gucci’s lens offerings. Each lens type helps with glare reduction, but they do so differently, as indicated blow:
• Polarized lenses — This option significantly reduces glare and eye strain, making them a popular choice for people who enjoy outdoor sports and activities; they’re also excellent for daytime driving. That’s because polarized lenses have an anti-reflective coating that only allows vertical light to enter your eyes — meaning, light and glare from all other angles simply bounce away, so it’s much easier to see in bright lighting conditions.
• Mirrored lenses — Mirrored sunglasses have a thin metallic layer on the outside of the lenses that reflects light away from your eyes — this helps to reduce glare and eye strain so you can see more clearly. These lenses are generally considered quite durable, making them a great option for outdoor sports in water, snow or sand, though they are more easily scratched. Mirrored sunglasses are becoming increasingly popular among outdoor sports enthusiasts, while fashionistas favor them for the wide range of superb, trendy color options available.
Take note that the mirrored layer is only visible from the outside of the sunglasses and has nothing to do with your lens colour and what you see. This means that you’ll still need to choose a tint that best suits your needs.
Gucci glasses for women
Gucci’s trendsetting eyewear for women includes fun and fashionable frames in rectangular, round, square and oval shapes. These frames also come in scintillating colors and beautiful finishes. With Gucci, you can be daring with oversized frames, or even consider two-toned frames or a lightweight pair of metal or rimless glasses.
Special touches to look out for include elegant “horsebit” details — in which the double G forms an equestrian bit shape — and square frames studded with crystals. And how about fabulous gold metal frames with leather trim?
You can also make a bold fashion statement with heavy plastic rims in classic Gucci rectangular, square or rounded frame shapes in pink, black or blue and featuring sophisticated gradient lenses.
Versatile retro-look cat-eye glasses are also popular, with their striking details accentuating the upward tapering browlines. These frames are suitable for most facial features and are available in rounded, square or rectangular shapes to suit the lines of your face.
Consider a pair of Gucci fashion glasses with gradient tinted lenses, which not only look ultra-cool and sophisticated but are great for reading outdoors, allowing the necessary light through and blocking harmful rays at the same time. Also great for driving, these lenses shield your eyes from overhead sunlight while allowing you to see the dashboard in front of you quite clearly.
SEE RELATED: Top 10 sunglasses brands
Gucci glasses for men
Gucci’s fashionable eyewear for men includes square and rectangular shapes as well as eclectic round ones. You can choose from bold frames in dark colors or consider light metal frames or rimless glasses for a more minimalist look — all are durable and geared for an adventurous outdoor lifestyle.
The timeless aviator frame style is also a popular choice, whether they’re made from metal or plastic. Aviator glasses go back to the 1930s when they were designed to protect pilots’ eyes when flying planes in sunny conditions. The frames dip down to the cheekbones adding extra sun protection from below, thus reducing glare off water and snow and making these frames a great option for sportsmen.
Look for a pair of aviators with mirrored lenses for extra protection from glare — they also make a cool fashion statement.
You can also opt for trendy round frames, or “tea shades,” which can help to soften more angular face shapes.
Caring for your Gucci glasses
All Gucci glasses are manufactured from carefully selected materials, and need to be handled properly to prolong the life and exceptional quality of your purchase.
Some tips for taking care of your Gucci glasses include:
• Avoiding scratches when not in use by storing your glasses in the case provided by Gucci.
• Making use of the soft cleaning cloth provided and cleaning your lenses and frames regularly. A buildup of dust and grime could damage your glasses.
• Using a damp cloth with a mild detergent, when necessary, for a more thorough cleaning. Avoid using solvents like alcohol or acetone and aggressive household detergents that may damage your lenses or the finish on the frames.
Maintaining both the appearance and functionality of your glasses will help to ensure your luxe investment lasts a long time.
Why Gucci glasses?
When you buy Gucci products — including their fabulous glasses and sunglasses — you’re buying into the brand’s innovative and modern approach to high fashion and superior craftsmanship.
On top of that, Gucci’s code of ethics includes a commitment to reduce the company’s carbon footprint and generally minimize their impact on the environment and society as a whole — another reason to feel good about your decision to buy from the beloved brand.
READ MORE: Designer sunglasses: Look like a celebrity
Page published on Wednesday, February 3, 2021