Consumer Guide To Sunglasses
Sunglasses can prevent sun damage to your eyes, improve your vision and make a unique fashion statement. Learn about the different types of sunglasses, including polarized lenses and the latest sunglass styles, in this series of articles written by experts in eye care.
Browse the list of articles below, or learn the basics with our Sunglasses FAQs.
Bold? Sporty? Glamorous? Answer these brief questions to learn which sunglass styles are the right choice for you!
Dry Eye Infographic - Sponsored
Learn eight symptoms, causes and steps to managing dry eye.
Too much blue light from the sun can damage your eyes. Find out why and how to control your risks.
Our advisory board members answered these questions about sunglasses and UV light.
The latest styles range from retro aviators, gradients and John Lennon sunglasses to dramatic plastics, specialty metals, wraparounds and futuristic shields. Also: what to wear with those new shades!
Performance sunglasses leave your street shades far behind in terms of flexibility, durability, non-slip materials and high-quality lenses. Find out which features to look for, whether you need sunglasses for a specific sport such as golf or all-purpose toughness for the rugged outdoors.
Polarized lenses filter the glare that reflects from horizontal surfaces, making your eyes more comfortable when you're driving, out on the water or playing sports.
Find yourself squinting in the sun, but don't want to endure the blur of going without your eyeglasses? Prescription sunglasses to the rescue!
This FAQ explains different features of sunglasses, including lens colors and types of sun protection.
More Sunglasses FAQs
- Are cheap sunglasses bad for your eyes?
- Are there benefits to wearing sunglasses at night?
- Do babies need sunglasses?
- How do you keep sunglasses from slipping down your nose?
- How to pick sunglasses for your face shape
- What are the best sunglasses for driving?
- What are the best sunglasses for fishing?
- What are the best sunglasses for golf?
- What are the best sunglasses for skiing and snowboarding?
- Which color sunglasses should I get? AAV
Page updated March 2018