Why TheraTears Relief for Dry Eyes Really Works
Just as your body relies on blood, your eyes rely on tears to supply essential nutrients, to keep them healthy and comfortable. With recurring or persistent dry eyes, known as "dry eye syndrome," your tears dry up because your body is producing too few tears, and/or your tears are evaporating too quickly.
Eye drops replace lost tears. Unfortunately, ordinary eye drops can actually wash essential nutrients out of your eyes. That's why you need TheraTears.
TheraTears Is Different
TheraTears® contains a patented balance of nutrients that precisely matches your natural tears. So TheraTears soothes and comforts your dry eyes now, and protects against future dry eyes, just like your natural tears. The result: If you have dry eyes, you will notice incredible soothing relief with each drop.
There's a TheraTears for every need: TheraTears Contact Lens Comfort Drops; TheraTears in a bottle, with a highly advanced preservative that disappears on eye contact; preservative-free TheraTears in single-use vials; TheraTears Liquid Gel that works while you sleep for overnight relief; TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 supplement); and new SteriLid Eyelid Cleanser.
What Causes Dry Eyes?
Aging is the most common cause of dry eyes for two reasons:
- As you get older, your body produces fewer tears.
- Aging causes your oil glands to produce less oil. When that happens, the oily layer of your tears is less effective in protecting against tear evaporation.
Other common causes of dry eye syndrome include diabetes, Sjögren's syndrome, contact lens wear, LASIK surgery, computer use, medication side effects or just having large eyes.
A Breakthrough: Provide Eye Comfort
While TheraTears Lubricant Eye Drops work from the outside-in to provide immediate and cumulative dry-eye relief, new TheraTears Nutrition* (omega-3 Supplement with Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil and vitamin E) soft gel capsules go still further by working from the inside-out to improve the function of the glands that make tears.
New research shows that if you have dry eyes, it is likely you have a dietary deficiency of omega-3s. The patent-pending omega-3 blend in TheraTears Nutrition helps your eyelids produce a healthy oil layer that protects tears from evaporating, while at the same time promoting healthy tear production. As these improvements occur in the glands that produce tears, eye comfort improves over a period of about four to eight weeks.*
Now there is a complete treatment program for dry eye, and if you have dry eyes, you've got to try TheraTears.
The Importance of Daily Lid Hygiene
Daily lid hygiene is important for everyone, especially those preparing for eye surgery, those with blepharitis and those with dry eye. Pumped onto and then applied directly with clean fingertips, SteriLid Eyelid Cleanser conditions the delicate eyelid skin while providing effective lid hygiene with comfort and convenience.
- Before eye surgery: In the operating room immediately before surgery, doctors take special care to clean and disinfect the eyelids and adjacent skin to help avoid infections after surgery. Now you can prepare your eye for this process by starting SteriLid in the days leading up to eye surgery. Doctors generally recommend you start using SteriLid twice a day, three days before surgery, and leave it in place for 60 seconds for maximum effectiveness.
- Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids caused by increased bacteria on the eyelid margins and eyelashes. Doctors generally recommend you use SteriLid twice daily.
- Dry eyes contain increased bacteria on the eyelids and eyelashes that contribute to dry-eye irritation. Doctors generally recommend you use SteriLid twice daily.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
For more information on dry eye syndrome, visit dryeyeinfo.org.