Nutrition and Vitamins for Your Eyes
Learn how diet and nutrition play an important role in the health of your eyes in this series of informative articles written by experts in vision and eye health.
To find out these answers and more, browse the list of articles below.
- Everything you need to know about nutrition and cataract prevention
- Vitamin C and flavonoids can reduce your risk of cataracts, dry eyes and more
- Which is better for your dry eyes? Flaxseed oil vs. fish oil
- The best sources of eye-healthy vitamin E and zinc
Dry Eye Infographic - Sponsored
Learn eight symptoms, causes and steps to managing dry eye.
Recipes for Healthy Eyes
Try these delicious, highly nutritious recipes created for you by an eye doctor.
Slideshow: 7 Unusual Fruits That Are Good for Your Eyes
How many of these exotic fruits can you name?
- Learn more about omega-3s and save $2 on TheraTears Nutrition gels
- Moderate to severe dry eyes? Find out if Retaine MGD is right for you
- Learn how Optometry Giving Sight helps 670 million people to see again
Slideshow: 11 Foods to Boost Your Eye Health
Are you eating the foods that are best for your eyes?
How to Choose Vision Supplements
Learn which vitamins are important to eye health and what to look for when choosing vision supplements.
How Diet and Nutrition Protect Aging Eyes
Learn which foods and vitamin supplements are the best for maintaining eye health in older people.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Lutein and zeaxanthin are antioxidants found in many vegetables. Read about their effect on the eyes, with information on the best sources (and possible side effects of consuming too much).
News About Eye Nutrition
Latest news on vitamins and minerals that are good for your vision and eye health.
Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids: Eye Benefits
Omega-3 fatty acids are important for keeping your eyes and your heart healthy. Learn the eye benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and the best omega-3 foods to include in your diet.
[Page updated March 2015]