Consumer Guide to Eye Safety
Nearly one million Americans have lost some degree of eyesight due to an eye injury.
Written by experts in eye safety, this collection of articles will help you learn how to keep your eyes and your children's eyes safe including information on protective eyewear and how to handle common eye injuries.
Browse the list of articles below, or watch our video on Preventing Eye Injuries.
- Eye safety basics: What to do when injuries happen at home, work or play
- How to pick the right safety glasses and goggles for the task
Protective Sports Eyewear
Why protective eyewear is essential for sports and key features to look for in sports eyewear, based on your particular sport. Also, important fitting considerations for kids.
- Afraid of Lasik? This new interactive quiz separates fact from fiction
- About the LASIK experience: before, during and after laser eye surgery surgery
- Block harmful blue light with Zeiss DuraVision BlueProtect
- Save on eyewear with coverage that's accepted by thousands of eye doctors
Safety Glasses and Eye Safety Q&A
Questions about safety glasses and eye safety answered by experienced eye doctors at AllAboutVision.com.
Toys to Avoid to Keep Your Child's Eyes Safe
Six types of toys that pose a high risk of children's eye injuries.
[Page updated March 2015]