Unisex Frames for Men and Women
Unisex eyeglasses feature frames that look great on both men and women.
Styles range from vintage to modern, and unisex frames are available in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes to fit any face shape and head size.
Top 5 Unisex Eyeglass Styling Trends
- Unique plastic frames in oval and elongated rectangular shapes.
- Rimless and semi-rimless styles with lenses cut in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Small, retro-style frames, sometimes accented with tinted lenses (in blue, light brown or even yellow).
- New, progressive shapes such as the modified (elongated) rectangle, and the bowtie or butterfly (a rectangle with the ends "tilted" upward).
- Beautifully designed, clean and simple thin metal frame styles in
Keep in mind that you want people to focus on your frames, not on distracting reflections in your lenses that obscure your eyes. For the most attractive eyewear, always have anti-reflective (AR) coating applied to your eyeglass lenses.
Specialty unisex eyeglasses
Unisex frame styles can be a great choice for your second pair of glasses or for specialty eyewear.
Ask your eye doctor or optician for recommendations about specialty eyewear that can enhance your performance and increase your enjoyment of these activities.
What often makes an eyeglass frame fit the specialty eyewear bill is the lens (for example, impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses for sports, or glass lenses for better optics while driving), but the design of the frame also is important to give you a comfortable field of view for specific tasks.
And remember, just as you wear different clothes and shoes for different situations and activities, you will look your best if you have more than one pair (and style) of eyeglasses for different times.
When selecting frames, open your mind to possibilities by trying on unisex frames and well as gender-specific eyewear styles.