5 ways to use your FSA for vision care
If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you’re ready to save on glasses and much more. FSAs let you set aside pre-tax money from your paycheck to cover health-related expenses.
When you pay for an eligible medical, dental or vision expense out of pocket, you can reimburse yourself from your account. It’s as easy as that!
Here are some eligible vision expenses your FSA covers, so you don’t miss an opportunity to save.
1. Prescription eyeglasses : Yes, your FSA covers your glasses as long as you have a prescription! Get out there and look stylish while you’re saving.
2. Prescription sunglasses : Fun in the sun is better when you’re not breaking the bank. If you have a prescription, your FSA can cover your shades.
3. Reading glasses: Pick up a good book without putting down a lot of cash — even without a prescription.
4. Contact lenses and lens care products: Your FSA can even help pay for contact lenses, cases, solution and more. Talk about flexible!
5. Annual eye exam: Check into your eye exam and check out the savings! Need to find a doctor? Check out our locator tool!
It’s not just vision care that your FSA covers — you can use it on medical and dental expenses, too.
Page updated February 2020