What Your Parents Need To Know
About Contact Lenses
Download and print a PDF of "Teens and Contacts: What Parents Need To Know." (Requires Adobe Reader.)
Do you want contact lenses, but your parents need convincing?
You're not alone. Teens and Contacts: What Parents Need To Know is a sponsored section that can help you, prepared by the editors of this website and sponsored by CooperVision.
Your parents need good information before they say "yes," and you're probably in one of these situations:
- Your parents never wore contacts and therefore know nothing about them. They're going to have questions about things like cost and safety.
- Your parents used to wear contacts, but don't anymore. In this case, they might have some very out-of-date ideas. Contact lenses used to be less comfortable and much harder to take care of. Educate your parents about today's contacts, and they might want contacts for themselves and you!
- Your parents wear contacts now. This gives you a great head start, but they might still wonder if contacts are OK for a younger person.
Start by reading Teens and Contacts: What Parents Need To Know. Then share it with your parents.
If your parents have additional questions, more information is available in the section on this website about contact lenses.
Teens and Contacts is sponsored by CooperVision, manufacturer of Proclear® 1 Day and Avaira Two-Week disposable contact lenses.
- Learn more about CooperVision 1 Day Disposables
- Find an eye care professional who prescribes CooperVision products
- Get rebates on purchases of CooperVision Contact Lenses
[Page updated June 2012]