17 Million Visitors Served in 2012
San Diego, Calif., January 7, 2013 AllAboutVision.com served a record 17 million unique visitors in 2012 a 30% increase over 2011 as measured weekly by Google Analytics. Visitors viewed a total of more than 28 million pages during the year.
In addition to the record visitor traffic, the following are some highlights of 2012:
- AllAboutVision.com experienced its most-visited day ever on Wednesday, December 5, with 76,752 visits in a single day.
- All About Vision The Magazine debuted in May, produced in partnership with First Vision Media Group, and sponsored by The Vision Council.
- Also in May, AllAboutVision.com's mobile site launched. As of December, 31% of visitors use the mobile version of the site.
- AllAboutVision.com increased its social media presence, including new Google+ and Pinterest pages, resulting in more than 150,000 visitors via social media platforms.
- The site's Facebook page targeted primarily to eye care professionals for keeping abreast of patient-directed news and new articles surpassed 10,000 "Likes."
- 600+ eye care practices now use the site's Eye Health News Feed for Facebook.
- More than 6,000 practices are now in the site's Eye Care Practitioner Directory.
- 4,000+ practice websites now use syndicated articles from AllAboutVision.com.
- 1,083,000 links on the web lead to AllAboutVision.com, according to Google.
Launched in 2000, AllAboutVision.com is a one-stop, independent resource providing consumers with hundreds of pages of trustworthy, up-to-date information on vision correction and eye health. The site is certified by the Health on the Net Foundation.
For more information contact:
(858) 454-2145 x14
All About Vision and AllAboutVision.com are registered service marks of Access Media Group LLC.
[Page updated January 2013]