13 Million Visitors Served in 2011
San Diego, Calif., January 10, 2012 AllAboutVision.com served a record 13,129,816 unique visitors in 2011, generating more than 14.3 million total visits, as measured weekly by Google Analytics. In addition to the record visitor traffic, AllAboutVision.com hit some further milestones in 2011:
- The site's Facebook page targeted primarily to eye care professionals for keeping abreast of patient-directed news and new articles surpassed 7,000 "Likes."
- 370 eye care practices added the site's Eye Health News Feed to their Facebook pages.
- The site amassed a record number of content pages with the addition of a Cosmetic Eye Procedures section and expansion of the Video Learning Center.
- Video Learning Center page views jumped 516%.
- AllAboutVision.com upgraded its support of Optometry Giving Sight, an organization dedicated to eradicating functional blindness due to uncorrected refractive error, by becoming a Gold National Sponsor.
- For the first time, more than one million visits were from the United Kingdom.
- 2.4 million visits were on mobile devices.
- 18,687 websites referred visitors to AllAboutVision.com.
As in 2010, 89% of visits were generated by search engines. Google accounted for 10.5 million visits, comprising about 74% of all visits.
Launched in 2000, AllAboutVision.com is a one-stop, independent resource providing consumers with hundreds of pages of trustworthy, up-to-date information on vision correction and eye health. The site is certified by the Health on the Net Foundation.
For more information contact:
(858) 454-2145 x14
All About Vision and AllAboutVision.com are registered service marks of Access Media Group LLC.
[Page updated January 2012]
For more Eye and Vision Information articles, please visit this section's home page or use the search box below.