- Cataract Surgery
- After Cataract Surgery
Steps To Achieve The Best Recovery
Chances are you'll feel able to resume normal activities one day after cataract surgery. Nonetheless, there are some precautions you should take to ensure the best possible recovery:
- Wear your eye shield as instructed.
- Don't rub your eye.
- If possible, avoid sneezing or coughing right after surgery.
- Be careful walking around after surgery, and don't bump into doors or other objects.
- Don't drive on the first day.
- Don't do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity for a few weeks.
- Avoid swimming or using a hot tub during the first week.
- Protect your eye from environmental irritants.
Your doctor will give you detailed instructions, including information on the use of prescription eye drops to prevent infection and reduce inflammation. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and always use these medications as prescribed.
Finally, keep in mind that you still need a complete eye exam every year, even if your vision is outstanding after cataract surgery.