- Cataract Surgery
- After Cataract Surgery
Prior To The Day Of Surgery
There are a few things you should do prior to the day of your cataract surgery:
- Take at least one day off of work for recovery.
- Arrange for a ride to and from surgery.
- Don't drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Only eat breakfast if your doctor has explicitly allowed it.
- Be clear about which medications you must avoid on the morning of surgery.
- Shower and wash your hair to help maintain a clean surgical environment.
- Do not apply makeup.
- If you are scheduled to take any medications during the hours you will be at the surgery center, bring these with you and ask your surgeon when you should take them.