Emil Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
Emil Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
102 East 25th Street Ground Floor
(corner of Park Avenue South)
New York, New York 10010
Emil Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA, is a board-certified ophthalmologist and a nationally recognized eye surgeon who performs LASEK surgery exclusively. LASEK is a safer alternative to conventional LASIK and does not involve the creation of the corneal flap, thereby greatly reducing the risk of many postoperative complications. Please read the paragraphs below to learn why you should choose Dr. Chynn for your laser vision correction.
What Dr. Chynn's Patients Are Saying:
"I wake up every morning completely and utterly amazed at how perfectly I see. Thank you!"
"Excellent! Everything was perfect the pre-op, the surgery, the post-op, the entire experience was perfect! Don't be afraid! Just do it!"
"I don't need the glasses anymore! I am very happy because I can finally read books without glasses. I was pregnant during the process, and now, I look forward to seeing my baby's face!"
"It really hit me when I was taking a nap with a movie on; upon waking up I went to reach for my glasses only to realize, with joy, that I didn't need them!"
Dr. Chynn was featured as a laser eye surgeon in The New York Times.
Click here to learn how Dr. Chynn is one of the only NYC practices that does not mislead potential patients.
Dr. Chynn was featured in amNewYork discussing CustomVue Monovision surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Chynn & Park Avenue Laser Vision?
Every practice you are looking at will claim that they're the "best." We never make such subjective claims. At Park Avenue Laser Vision we like to be objective meaning, we make the factual statements that can be proven. Let's look at the top five reasons:
Park Avenue LASEK Eye Surgery Specialist.
1. If you can afford contacts, you can afford LASEK!
- We charge you the same amount you're wasting on contacts, solutions & glasses
- In the short-term you spent the same in the long-term you save $10,000/decade
- Dr. Chynn is the only laser surgeon credentialed by all major medical insurances
- We have the most generous referral program 10% back for every referral
- Pay 0% down, get 0% interest for up to 24 months, pay $30 per month
- Don't believe "bait-and-switch" $399 LASIK centers caught by CBS TV (see video)
2. Only Laser Vision center in NYC with 4 MDs
- One "bargain basement" center in NYC actually flies a "cutter" in from GA 1 day/week
- Many centers use all non-MDs (ODs or optometrists) for all their preop & postop testing
- Dr. Chynn is the only surgeon in NYC authorized to offer 2 Refractive Fellowships
- There is always more than 1 MD here at all times
- You get the entire staff's cell phones including all MDs for 24/7 care
- Our staff had PRK, LASIK, LASEK & Epi-LASEK so speak from their own experience
Watch a video testimonial from one of Dr. Chynn's
3. Our non-cutting LASEK: 10x Safer than cutting LASIK!
- Dr. Chynn had the older cutting LASIK himself over a decade ago
- While at Harvard Dr. Chynn published a paper with the MDs who invented LASEK
- By eliminating the cutting we have eliminated all flap & cutting complications
- No chance of flap complications ("partial flaps," "flap wrinkles," "dislocated flaps")
- No dry eyes because we're not cutting your corneal nerves (the cause of dry eyes)
- No night glare because you're not having light reflect off the flap interface
4. Other centers claim they're "bladeless" or "all laser"
- Every other center cuts flaps either with a blade (LASIK) or a laser (IntraLase)
- As long as you cut a flap you cannot eliminate complications
- Other centers are forced to not cut a flap in "special cases" (high RX, thin cornea, dry eye)
- We decided instead to give every one of our patients the safest procedure
- "Bladeless" means cutting a flap with IntraLase / "all laser" can mean an obsolete PRK
- We're the only center that exclusively performs the safer non-cutting LASEK
5. Dr. Chynn performs more LASEKs than any other surgeon
- 1,000 LASEKs per year more than all other NYC surgeons combined
- 1st eye surgeon in NYC to get laser surgery himself ('99, for myopia + astigmatism)
- Degrees from Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Emory, NYU
- Only laser vision surgeon in NYC who is a MENSA Member the Genius Organization
- Only laser vision surgeon who was Principal Investigator for FDA Trial of 1st Solid State Laser
- Only laser vision surgeon in NYC who had ReadingVision himself
Watch a video about lasik surgery performed by Dr. Chynn.
Park Avenue Laser Vision is one of the only centers in New York that offers 100% No-cut, No-flap, All-Laser Vision Correction for the safest surgery and best visual results. Other centers offer old-fashion laser surgery, where a flap is actually cut in the cornea, or clear part of your eye either with a metal blade, or a laser (IntraLase). The problem is that cutting a flap causes 90% of all complications, including night glare/halos.
Park Avenue Laser Vision has eliminated 100% of flap-related complications by not cutting a flap! Therefore, your surgery with us will be ten times safer! We perform only no-touch, all-laser LASEK and Epi-LASEK without any cutting at all so there is absolutely no chance of a flap problem!
We are the only center to offer Hi-Definition Laser Vision™ after which your vision can be sharper than with glasses or contacts! Most of our patients see better than 20/20 after Hi-Definition Laser Vision.™
We use the VISX S4 IR laser which has treated more eyes than all other brands combined! With CustomVue Wave Front developed for NASA's Space Telescope! ActivTrak which tracks your eye 60x per second following every movement! Iris Registration to identify each eye, like in a top-secret vault! We spend a quarter of a million dollars per year on service/equipment upgrades! Our $50,000 OrbScan detects keratoconus/thin corneas much more accurately to make sure we only laser appropriate candidates.
The Best Safety No Flap Complications Hi-Definition Laser Vision™ The Latest Technology. This is why our patients choose Park Avenue Laser Vision and why you'll be glad you did, too!
Watch a video testimonial from a patient who had a
safe eye surgery at Park Avenue Lasek.
Emil Chynn, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist. Dr. Chynn graduated Cum Laude with an AB in Biology from Dartmouth College always in the top 10 in the U.S. Dr. Chynn received his MD (medical degree) from Columbia University's College of Physician and Surgeons also top 10 as ranked by US News & World Report and the # 1 medical school in NYC (the hospital merged with Cornell recently). He completed his residency in ophthalmology at the Massachusetts Ear and Eye Infirmary of Harvard University perhaps the most famous ophthalmology institute in the world where he was one of the teaching faculty of Harvard Medical School. He then spent an extra optional year completing a one-year Fellowship in Refractive Surgery at Emory University, which has one of the most famous refractive surgery centers in the U.S. Many other doctors performing LASIK only attend a two-day course to become certified, and they lack the in-depth training that only a fellowship can offer.
Not only is Dr. Chynn a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, he is also a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Chynn has performed more than 13,000 procedures without a major complication. He has an impressive success rate. You are welcome to inquire about the experiences of previous LASEK patients, and we encourage our new patients to read his patient testimonials.
Many doctors performing LASIK have not had the procedure themselves. Dr. Chynn is a firm believer that you never practice on patients what you would not have done on yourself. He had LASIK for high myopia and moderate astigmatism (-7.50 -1.50 x 180) in 1999, and has been 20/20 ever since!
When you come in for your free consultation and have questions, Dr. Chynn will take the time to answer any questions, because he understands you are anxious; and want to be reassured before your surgery just as he needed himself.
He is a firm believer in laser eye surgery, and has developed a safer, better procedure for vision better than 20/20 for you! Although he had LASIK himself, Dr. Chynn converted his entire practice at Park Avenue Laser Vision to 100% No-Cut, No-Flap, All-Laser Vision Correction in 2003, for improved safety and better vision. Why risk your eyes with a cutting, flap procedure when you can have a no-cut, no-flap, all-laser one?
As the Medical Director of his practice, Dr. Chynn has personally hand-picked and trained each of the staff members for their ability, ethics and their need for laser vision correction!
Park Avenue Laser Vision is one of the few centers in NYC where not only did the entire staff have the procedure (in their case, the more modern and safe bladeless LASEK), but are all now seeing 20/20!
Because of both their professional background and personal experience as laser vision correction patients themselves, our entire staff is the most knowledgeable and sympathetic you will find anywhere. The staff of Park Avenue Laser Vision will become your partners to help you achieve your best possible vision, your allies to remind you what to do, and, ultimately your friends!
Watch a video about a patient's experience after having
Dr. Chynn and Park Avenue Laser Vision do not want to be the cheapest just the best. We had Laser Vision ourselves, so we know how it's changed our lives. We're committed to sharing this miracle with you! We were featured on CBS News TV (11/23/04) as the Most Ethical Laser Center in NY because we give you a Printed Price Sheet, provide an honest value, and never "bait-and-switch" with fake "$499" prices. Please go to our website www.ParkAvenueLaser.com to look at one of our competitor's video clip.
Dr. Chynn and his staff have worked hard to make laser vision correction affordable for any budget. We have partnered with the biggest and most respected medical finance companies in the U.S. By negotiating with these competitors, Dr. Chynn can guarantee you the best rates and affordable low monthly payments. No interest financing is also available through CareCredit for 18 months.
Thousands of Procedures. The Latest Technology. Personal Experience. The Best Training. Bladeless Technology. All-Laser Vision Correction. Improved Safety. Better Vision.
These are but some of the many reasons you should trust Dr. Chynn and Park Avenue Laser Vision with your eyes. You will be glad you did!
Dr. Chynn is a member of several professional organizations.